While I will continue to blog mostly on subjects related to travel, from time to time I will have other stories to tell. The upcoming week is one full of events and celebrations, culminating with graduation on Saturday, May 4 at 5 p.m.
The Berkshire Hathaway shareholder meeting, which draws more than 40,000 people to Omaha from all over the world, is also set for May 4. The College of Business Administration hosts a series of events related to the Berkshire Hathaway shareholder meeting, and this year will include a visit and interview with The Oracle himself.
See below for details on the week’s activities:
- CNN/Fortune Live Broadcast Interview of Warren Buffett, May 2: This session, open exclusively to UNO students, will run from 11 a.m. to noon and be broadcast live from Mammel Hall’s Marvin and Virginia Schmid auditorium. The interview, conducted by Senior Editor-at-Large for Fortune magazine Pattie Sellers, will include a question and answer session between Buffett and UNO students. The live stream can be viewed at CNNmoney.com.
- Genius of Warren Buffett Seminar, April 29 to May 1: A concentrated study course designed and taught by Robert P. Miles, noted Buffett scholar, to educate investors and shareholders about Buffett’s investment principles, management philosophies, corporate governance, succession plan, and philanthropy among other topics.
- Tenth Annual Value Investors Conference, May 2 to 3: Brings together 180 experienced professional money managers from more than 20 countries to discuss quantitative and qualitative aspects of investing, generate new investment ideas, and explore Buffett’s investment process.
Events open to the public include:
- Distinguished Author Book Signing, May 3: A Friday night book signing by authors of notable Buffett and Berkshire Hathaway books beginning at 5:30 p.m. Free Dilly bars will be available during the book signing.
- Red Carpet Premiere, May 3: CBA’s Berkshire Hathaway events will culminate with a 6:45 p.m. world premiere of the new documentary titled “Mr. Buffett: The Teacher,” created by Jeremy Lipschultz of UNO’s School of Communications. Click here to RSVP for the showing.
The painting included above was done by Michael Israel at the start of the 2008 Berkshire Hathaway shareholders meeting. Click here to watch the video of Israel beginning and completing the painting in 10 minutes and 32 seconds. The piece was then auctioned to raise money for the non-profit organization Girls Inc. The winning bidder, UNO alumnus John Morgan, donated the painting to our college and it can be viewed in the main atrium of Mammel Hall.